ACTIVITIES OFFERED IN TULUM
Asides from high quality Spanish language courses in Tulum, Mexico, our school offers different activities so students can take advantage of the time they spend in this paradise. For instance, included in the price of the language course, students have yoga and cooking or dancing lessons. Yoga is a very popular activity in Tulum because of its untouched beaches and white sands, as well as its temples because it was a spitirual center for the Mayan people. We offer our yoga lessons before our Spanish courses and at times during dawn, so students can experience magical moments. We also offer cooking lessons with traditional Mayan dishes as well as dancing lessons.
We also offer other activities,one of the most popular ones would be renting a bike and going around Tulum, discovering beaches, restaurants and ruins.
During the week, we also organize many activities so students can spend their afternoons having a good time. Some of the activities include:
- Visit to Koba, which is an archeological area with Mayan ruins in the middle of the jungle. Some pleople have reported jaguar and monkey sightings here! The area around Koba is also popular because it has some cenotes and Mayan shops.
- Visit to cenotes, which are caves with underwater rivers, where the Mayan used to bath to purify themselves and relax. There are several cenotes in the Yucatan Peninsula, some of the most popular being 2 ojos, azul, calavera, angel, etc. these cenotes involve different activities, from snorkelling to professional diving.
- Another popular activity is to visit the Sian Kaan natural reserve, which is an area near Tulum with transparent beaches, white sand and where activities include bird watching, dolphin interaction in their natural habitat, turtle watching, among others.
- Participate or monitor turtle protection patrols during the turtle nesting season. This can also be practiced in Akumal, which is abeach area located nearby, where you can literally just jump into the water and see turtles swimming!
- Enjoying the amazing ruins of Tulum as well as its beach, rated as one of the 5 most beacutiful beaches in the world!
During the weekends, students can visit nearby towns, such as Playa del Carmen, Merida, Mahahual, Holbox Island or the amazing laggon of Bacalar. These activities have extra charge, please contact the school staff for more information. Check out our spanish courses in Tulum.